Acupuncture and Chinese medicine are becoming increasingly popular treatment tools for pregnancy-related conditions in the U.S. The treatments that The Local Healer provides can offer drug-free relief for a number of situations associated with pregnancy, including:
- Maintaining general wellness
- Musculoskeletal pain conditions: sciatica, hip pain, lower back pain, pelvic pain, rib pain, leg cramps
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Nausea and Vomiting, "Morning Sickness"
- Headaches & Migraines
- Varicose veins, hemorrhoids, vulvar varicosities
- Fatigue & exhaustion
- Insomnia, Anxiety & depression
- Sinusitis & allergies
- Pregnancy induced hypertension
- Gestational diabetes
- Breech and posterior positioning
- Pre-birth acupuncture, labor preparation (natural induction)
Pre-Birth Acupuncture/Labor Preparation:
It is our experience that regular acupuncture assists women who desire to have a natural vaginal birth, in achieving labor prior to medical induction and helping to shorten the length of labor. There are a number of studies that have been done in this area and more research is being undertaken at this time. We have a good success rate in helping women to naturally begin labor before the 42nd week, when their Western care providers are suggesting medical induction. Women who receive acupuncture regularly during the third trimester have been more likely to respond to it during these later weeks.
Breech Presentation: Studies show that the use of acupuncture and moxibustion for breech presentation "reduced the number of breech presentations at term, the number of cesarean sections required, and was cost effective when compared to expectant management." These treatments are best started around week 33 or 34. You'll be given tools and instruction on self treatment to do at home as well.